This is a little bit of an older sewing project, but I’m going to start featuring some of these from time to time. I have several skirts and dresses that I made before I was a blogger, and I still wear them all the time, so why exclude them from being shown off?
This one is from Butterick pattern B4790. I hacked the pattern a little to add ties instead of buttons in the front, and I made it out of two layers of fabric instead of one with bias tape around the edges like the pattern specifies. Making it this way makes it technically reversible, but I never wear this dress with the solid side out.
I also made the length a lot shorter than suggested by the pattern. This dress is one of the first I made that I deviated so far from the pattern, and started me on the road to making my own patterns. I love that the ties make it more adjustable in the waist, and forgiving of weight fluctuations.
I want to make another with two fabrics I’d actually like to reverse, and with a v-neck.
I love how easy this dress is to wear, just popover and tie and off you go!