Sew a dreamy floral skirt with this DIY tutorial
Hey y’all, today is the day many of you have been emailing me about – I’ve got the full tutorial video up to make this floral skirt!
I used the last of the rayon crepe I bought from La Mercerie to make this skirt, and I love how it’s both pretty and comfy to wear. My “Don’t Mess with Texas Women” shirt from Shop Luella (with a hacked neckband) goes nicely with it too.
Because I’m a Texas girl, of course I had to take advantage of this bluebonnet field backed by gold flowered trees to take photos. I love how the colors in the landscaped mirrored the colors in the skirt.
Want to make your own? Check out the video below or watch it on YouTube here.
Other tutorials used to make this skirt:
1. Start with this tutorial to draft your own skirt sloper to your measurements.
2. Once you get your pattern cut out, use this tutorial to sew thread chain button loops on the front facing. You can mark placement with a Simflex gauge (affiliate link) if you’d like to skip the math of even spacing.
3. Then add pockets using this tutorial and free pattern.
4. If you need help gathering the lower portion of the skirt, check out this post on ruffles.
5. Finally, make your buttons match perfectly by covering them with fabric scraps. See how to make covered buttons in this post.
This skirt has already gotten worn several times by me (mostly with this same t-shirt) and I am dreaming up tank tops and other ways to wear it all summer.