Have you gotten your copy of Just Add Jeans yet? I will admit, even though I’ve been sewing jeans, quite a few of these tops are on my sewing list. They’re all just so fun and easy! And our collection sponsor, Girl Charlee, has some great knit fabrics to choose from.
Though I love Girl Charlee, the one tiny issue I have is that sometimes I am overwhelmed by the huge number of knits on the site. Like I can get lost on there. So in case you’re feeling the same way, I’ve done my best to go through and pick out a few knits I love for each of the tops in the collection.
Let’s start with my top – the Wildflower.
- Persimmon Orange Mum Interlock – for literal Wildflowers
- Pink Blue Ethnic Diamond Border Print – I think the border print would look great on the hem
- Cream Links on Black Ponte – this is also the print Stef used on her date night Wildflower
- Black Foil Dots on Charcoal Ponte – this would make a great dressy Wildflower
- Radiant Orchid Solid Cotton – the Pantone color of the year would look great
Next the City Girl Top – I used a heavier ponte for this one, but I love how the cowl on this top looks so different depending on the drape and weight of the fabric you choose.
- Blue Sparkle Wide Stripe Hacci Sweater Knit – this would make a cozy cowl I think.
- Electric Blue Stripe French Terry – also a cozy choice. Plus I think you could have fun playing with stripe direction on the yoke.
- Black Houndstooth – Houndstooth is a classic print that would look great with this top.
- Black Silver Swoop Floral on Whit Cotton Jersey – I think this print has just the right mix of sweet and sophisticated for this top
- White Dots on Grenadine Red – if you wanted to go a little funky and retro like I did
For the Daytripper I found all kinds of fun prints – I feel like you can go really wild with this top and like the City Girl, lots of weights work. I’m planning on a super lightweight one as a swim cover up this summer.
- Fawn Silhouette on Gray – how fun would this be?
- Burgundy/Pink Floral on Green Meadow – this would be a sweet short sleeve version with lots of colors to choose from for the accents.
- Blue Ethnic Diamond Print – this is what I’m leaning toward for my swim cover up version
- Hummingbirds on Ivory – another fun print
- Koi Orange Linear Chevron – Another strong contender for the swim cover up
Finally the Parisian – with the collar on this one, there are a ton of options for pattern and print mixing.
- Charcoal Floral on white – because classic black and white is gorgeous with this top
- Navy Bird Silhouettes on Orchid – for a fun and modern version
- Navy Blue and Deep Mint Stripe – I have some of this knit and I love the colors
- Black Foil Dots on Mauve – Polka Dots + Parisian = Zooey Deschanel chic
- Ice Green Solid Cotton – this shade just screams spring to me
So hopefully those give you a good starting place for your shopping. Now I have more knits to go buy – the process of picking these out has added several things to my “must buy” list 🙂Get access to my free pattern gallery - sign up for my newsletter!