Want to make your own? You’ll need:
- 1/2 yard of outer fabric (I used a rose gold pleather)
- 1/2 yard of heavy weight fusible interfacing, such as Pellon Decor Bond (affiliate link)
- 1/2 yard of lining fabric (I used a polyester satin)
- 1 magnetic snap (affiliate link)
- The Envelope Wristlet pattern (see below)
How to Get the Pattern
To get this pattern, click your preferred option from the buttons below as a newsletter subscriber or gallery access pass purchaser. Note that the free version of the pattern does not have printable instructions.
Please note that all my free patterns are licensed for personal use only (no selling items made from this unless you purchase it – contact me for more info on that option) and by downloading you are agreeing to this license.
To sew the clutch, follow the tutorial in the video below. If it won’t load or you prefer to watch on YouTube, you can also find it here.
Here’s the order of construction in case you want to refer to that after you’ve watched the video.
- Trim seam allowances (1/2″) off the interfacing and fuse it to the wrong side of the outer fabric
- Apply one side of the magnetic clasp to the lining.
- Fold the wrist strap long edges toward the center on the wrong side, then fold the entire strap in half again and sewn down long edges.
- Fold and pin the lower seams, matching edges. Do this on both the outer and lining fabric. Stitch, and remember to leave a gap for turning in one lining seam.
- Turn lining right side out and place inside outer fabric. Fold wrist strap in half and place in the notch. Match seams and edges, then stitch around.
- Clip notch corner and turn wristlet right side out through gap in lining.
- Topstitch edges if desired.
- Blind stitch the gap in the lining closed.