Hey y’all – today I’ve got a round up of all the felt flowers I made, with details on supplies and links to the tutorials for each specific flower, so that you can make your own felt flower bouquet.
And in case you’d rather download the petal shapes instead of eyeballing them from my images, I have the entire file for all these flowers available for purchase here.
- Wool felt in the color you want your flower, and some scraps of green. I ordered all my felt for these from this shop. I prefer the wool blend felt (which is hard to find in stores) because it cuts cleaner and is softer and easier to shape.
- Floral wire. I prefer the cloth covered kind for these
- Hot glue gun. Do your fingers a favor and get the low temp kind.
Note – if you wanted to, you could hand sew these. That’s the method I would recommend if you want to make them to embellish clothing. And then either use fabric that won’t fray, like fleece or knit, or add fray check to the edges after you make the flower if you use other fabric.
And now let’s get to the individual flowers!
Make a Felt Rose
Felt colors – Fuschia and Moss. Felt Rose instructions here. I do like the way this one turned out, but next time I’m also going to experiment with curling the top edges of the outer petals, using a pencil and a little bit of water.
Make a Felt Peony
Felt colors – Carnation and Moss. Felt Peony tutorial here.
Make a Felt Chrysanthemum
Felt colors – Georgia Peach and Loden. Felt Chrysanthemum tutorial here.
Make a Felt Dahlia
Felt colors – Mulberry and Loden. Felt Dahlia tutorial here.
Make a Felt Ranunculus
Felt colors – Fresh linen, Mediterranean Mist and Loden. Felt Ranunculus tutorial here.
For the flowers above, I used the following colors
- Peony – Pink petals, Moss leaves
- Chrysanthemums – Old Gold petals, Enchanted Forest leaves
- Anemone – Peach skin petals, charcoal center, Loden leaves
- Ranunculus – Custard petals, Enchanted Forest center and Loden leaves.
Hope you enjoy making your own felt flowers as much as I have enjoyed making these!Get access to my free pattern gallery - sign up for my newsletter!