Hey y’all – today I’ve got a just for fun post – sewing toys and fashion toys/books for sewing enthusiasts of all ages!
I’m not gonna lie – there are a bunch of these on my future wish list – for display in my studio, ahem.
I’ve got links below, but with the vintage ones realize these are ebay auctions that may have ended, so the best bet is to search again for the item if the one I linked is sold.
1. First off – I have loved this Fisher Price sewing set ever since I first saw a picture of it on Pinterest. And thanks to ebay, you can own your own. This one for sale here; several more options for purchase here.
2. And while searching for that set, I also found this fun toy sewing kit. Available here.
3, 4, 5. I know I have a fashion obsession that goes hand in hand with my sewing obsession. So I want all of these three classic fashion label paper dolls (click any picture to go to the purchase page; these are affiliate links. So, you know, if enough people click through to buy them I can get my own set)
6. I can’t believe I gave these away – I had all the Fashion Plates and spent hours with them! I really want to buy another set. Luckily there are a few available here.
7. Or if your fashion sensibilities aren’t so vintage, there’s a new set here (affiliate link)
8, 9, 10. And if you’re too embarrassed to be seen with paper dolls or fashion plates at your age, what about one of these three fashion coloring books? I actually own the middle one, My Wonderful World of Fashion, and it’s a lot of fun. Click any picture to go to the item.
11. Or if you prefer to draw your own clothing designs, but maybe didn’t take human figure drawing, I own and LOVE this book. It has body forms drawn in a special ink that disappears when you copy or scan the page. So draw and color your own designs, then scan or copy and no one will be able to tell that you didn’t draw the body too. I use it every time I’m designing a new pattern.
12. Long ago, when all little girls learned to sew, they might have gotten a learn to sew kit like this one. Available here. I know I learned to sew starting with my dolls, so this seems like a sweet gift to me.
13. If you’re not into used or vintage toys, this cute Plan Toys play set is brand new on Amazon (affiliate link)
14. And on a larger scale, there’s this handmade play sewing machine on Etsy.
15. If your little isn’t quite ready for the machine, there’s also this lacing activity toy – pretty, functional, and as I know from my own kids, wood is fun for toddlers to chew on.
16. But what if you’re shopping for a functioning toy sewing machine? Maybe search for something like this Vulcan Junior toy machine. I love the color of this one!
17. Or maybe one of these Singer Sew Handy vintage machines.
So – how many of these are secretly going on your wish list?Get access to my free pattern gallery - sign up for my newsletter!