The number three tutorial of 2014 was these Dry Erase Placemats! I’d like to take a moment to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about these placemats.
- What if I can’t find similar fabric?
- I think it would work just as well to draw (or trace) doodles onto white canvas fabric with sharpie.
- Do these really wash well?
- I have washed mine in the washing machine a couple times. I don’t put them in the dryer. The vinyl has gotten a little wrinkled in places, but still works really well. For most cleaning I wipe them down with a damp paper towel and only wash if the back side is starting to get really dirty for some reason.
- Do these work with regular washable markers?
- I haven’t tried it, but I don’t see why not.
- Could I use overhead pens on these?
- Again, haven’t tried it, but I don’t see why not.
- Does the marker smudge onto the kids hands?
- Yup, if their hands drag in it. But since their hands are washable too, we just do that.
Get access to my free pattern gallery - sign up for my newsletter!