In this tutorial I’m going to show you how I made the flower for the headband in the His & Hers Henleys. It was a happy accident – I started with the circle that had been cut out for the waist of the skirt, and made it up from there.
So, to make yours, start with a circle around 6-7 inches in diameter, and another around 5 inches in diameter.
1. Fold each circle in half 3 times (in half, in quarters, in eighths).
2. Round off the edges as shown.
3. Open out your circle and sew a gathering stitch around the inside circle edge.
4. Pull the gathering stitch tight.
5. Sew through the middle of the petals to hold the flower gathered. Repeat steps 1-5 with the second circle.
6. Layer the smaller circle on top of the larger one, then sew them both onto a small circle for a base.
After those steps, you’ll have the flower below:
Sew a button into the center of the flowers, then sew your flower onto a head band or glue it to a clip. You’re done!